"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."

Borges

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Call for Guest Bloggers in Classic Children's Literature

Hello everyone!

I spend so much time these days trying to review so many great children's books out there, that I've sadly neglected what I originally wanted to do - review and recommend some of those great children's books from the past. You know, books like Little Women, The Secret Garden, the Little Prince, The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet, Oz books, etc. Any book you came across as a child or adult that made a profound impact, the ones that made you love kidlit.

If you're interested in reviewing, add a comment with the title of your book/s that you want to review and then I'll get you set up with a guest account so you can post away. It's that simple. There is no deadline and no end date.

I'm hoping some of the wonderful Children's Lit bloggers on my blogroll will contribute.

Gracias!

9 comments:

Scarlett said...

Hi, I saw this post when it was forwarded to the child_lit listserv. I'd love to review some books for your blog.

Books I'd be interested in reviewing:

A Little Princess
Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
The Westing Game
Ballet Shoes
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
Gregory the Terrible Eater
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

my email is lund.elizabeth@gmail.com

- Elizabeth Lund

Gina Ruiz said...

Done! I'll contact you via email with a password - you should get an invite from blogger. Thank you so much for contributing to this project. The titles you chose are all wonderful and some of my favorites.

Liz B said...

I just got "the mark of the horse lord" by rosemary sutcliff out the library. If you want, as soon as I'm done I'll let you know & send you that review. It was published in 1965; there is a 2006 reissue (with a very cool cover, IMHO.)

Gina Ruiz said...

Liz,

This sounds wonderful and I'd love to post your review on it. Send it via email and I'll post it right away with your name and a link to your blog on the review.

Best,

G.

Sara said...

This sounds like so much fun!

Books I'd be happy to review:

Anything by L.M. Montgomery, but especially some of her lesser known titles, like Kilmeny of the Orchard and A Tangled Web.

The Princess and the Goblin
The Phoenix and the Carpet (and its sequels)
Anything by Edward Eager
Strawberry Girl
Prairie School

If you click on my name -- my email address is on my blogger profile

Mary G said...

This is SO what I love! I've been reading tons of the "classics" so that I can decide which ones will work for read-alouds. If you'd like, I could review:
Pinocchio
Anne of Green Gables
Otto of the Silver Hand
The Lost Island
Wheel on the School
Mary Poppins
and Secret Garden

We've just read all thse and they are such wonderful read-alouds. We're in the midst of reading Swallows and Amazons -- what a great one that is too!

Gina Ruiz said...

Mary G,

Thank you for stopping by. I'd love to have you review any or all of those books. Email me and I will get you set up.

Many thanks!

Gina

Michele said...

I'd like to offer some reviews of the following:

Emil and the Detectives
Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
The Ghost of Thomas Kempe
The House at Norham Gardens
The Chronicles of Prydain
Carrie's War
Stonestruck
The Owl Service
Stig of the Dump
The Winter of the Birds

scolere at gmail dot com

Anthony said...

you might (all) like rosemarysutcliff.wordpress.com

I am just learning how to do all this........

BlogBurst.com