"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."

Borges

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Live, From New York....8 cosas meme

Tired, hot, sticky, exhausted, elated, excited and thrilled I'm lounging in my friends apartment going through emails at the end of a long, long day. I got in to New York last night and promptly went out to Times Square, then back here to the theatre district for food.

This morning I hit the fashion district and made a HUGE dent in my wallet. Then I went to Javits to attend panels, pick up my press reg and attend the Latino Book Awards (more on that tomorrow). It's hot in New York, hot and sticky but that only slightly dims the charm for me. I used to live here and loved it but eventually got homesick and went home to L.A.

Every time I come back, I fall in love with the city again. I'm on the 19th floor here at my friend's apartment and have a gorgeous view of the whole city and the Empire State Building. I'm sitting on the balcony typing and watching the city at night. There is no where in the world like New York City - the only other place I could live besides L.A. It's lovely to be here.

Tomorrow, the exhibit hall opens and I can't wait. I'll try to post the news and views if I don't pass out from exhaustion.

While checking my email, I found I'd been tagged for the 8 things meme by Gail Gauthier at Original Content. Here goes nothing:

The rules:

Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Eight facts/ habits about me:

I'm speak Spanglish most of the time, de veras!
I'm Chicana (can't you tell?)
I'm an Aztec dancer
I am 45 and have four amazing children and ten grandchildren!!!
I love to cook and am quite good at it.
I have wonderful friends like the one that is letting me use his apartment while I'm here
I also work in Animation. Go here and see what I do: AWN.com
I love shoes - ask anyone.

Now to tag 8 people:

Tracy Grand - JacketFlap
fusenumber8

oh to hell with it - It's one in the morning here and I'm beat. I can't find 8 people and comment.

No comments:

BlogBurst.com