"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."

Borges

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

BEA Anyone?

Like many of my fellow book lovers, I will be at Book Expo America or BEA from May 31-June 3. It's my favorite conference ever. I'll be meeting up with fellow kidlitosphere bloggers, old friends and meeting new ones. There's panels aplenty and lots and lots of books.

My posting has been sparse because I'm in pre-BEA frenzy which means I've been setting up meetings using the My BEA tool, getting all my work done so I can leave my desk in a relatively neat state, making sure I have enough business cards, packing and the usual madness that begins the week before a trip.

I will be posting news on the conference every night on this blog so stay tuned. I'm bringing a camera so there will be photos of author signings, etc. I'm attending some very cool panels and the Latino Book Awards so look for news of that. I'm also attending the Children's Book and Author Breakfast and will be in the Saturday Book and Author Breakfast as well. It should be fun.


If you're attending and we haven't yet met, send me a note. I'd love to see you at BEA.

2 comments:

Gail Gauthier said...

I wish I were going to BEA, but I'm not. I did, however, tag you for the 8 Things Meme.

web said...

Sigh, wish I could go.

Hope you have time to do this tag! http://bunnyplanet.blogspot.com/2007/05/o-figure-eight-as-double-four-o.html

BlogBurst.com