"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."

Borges

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The 2007 Cybil Awards - Nominations are Open!


Okay I'm a day late. The Cybils officially opened up nominations in all categories yesterday. I'm just way behind schedule on lots of things. The good news is that I have the great honor to be returning as a panelist in the graphic novel category!

Check out the cool group I landed in this year, some are seasoned Cybilers and old pals from last year and some are new and very welcome names. Talk about traveling in fine company! I expect applause. I'm listening for it. Yay!!

GRAPHIC NOVELS

Category Organizer: Sarah Stevenson (Reading YA: Readers' Rants)

Nominating Panel:

Mary Lee Hahn (A Year of Reading)
Alyssa Feller (The Shady Glade)
Katie Zenke (Pixie Palace)
Elizabeth Jones
Gina Ruiz (AmoXcalli) - that's me

Judging Panel:

David Elzey (The Excelsior File)
J.L. Bell (Oz and Ends)
Anna (TangognaT)
Snow Wildsmith (My Reading Project)
Angie Thompson (Angieville)

Don't know what the Cybils are? Well then, head on over here to the Cybil's official website to find out more.

Want to know more about the other categories besides Graphic Novels and who the people are for a particular genre? There are eight (8) genres covered. Head on over here.

Who won in 2006 you say? Well the nifty elves over the Cybils website have that too! See, it's like magic.

Now for the juicy stuff - you can nominate any 2007 title in whatever genre you like here. Only one book per person in each category so be choosy. We're really looking forward to reading and voting on your favorites!

Don't forget to nominate your favorite books of 2007!

No comments:

BlogBurst.com